Thursday, September 30, 2010

Moore’s Contribution to ‘Locks of Love’ is Inspirational

The ability of my colleagues to see an opportunity to improve their communities and the lives of their neighbors is truly inspirational. For instance, Crystal Moore, who works in the NTC Document Completion Department, recognized that many people were losing their hair to cancer and other diseases, so she decided to donate her hair, roughly 25 inches of it, to “Locks of Love.”

Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada who suffer from long-term hair loss--due to any medical diagnosis.

“I am doing this because it is a way for me to give back and to support people with cancer and other dreaded diseases,” said Moore. “I’m proud to do it and will continue to do so.”

Moore spent two and a half years growing her hair before she cut it.

“Until there is a cure this is a way for me to help people. It is something that I find personally rewarding and it helps people feel better,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment